Sunday, December 26, 2010

Week 8 - Final Blog Post

     Learning how to use a GAME plan in this Walden course, has been so very beneficial.  I've been reminded again about the importance of setting goals and creating an action plan for myself and my students and then monitoring it and evaluating it.  I've also have learned about the NETS for teachers and students as well.  These 2 pieces of information have given me the ability to create not only lessons that integrate technology into the curriculum, it has given me the ability to create units of study as well.
     To start with, I set up goals to engage in professional growth and leadership and to promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility.  I researched new and previous blogs and discovered about 8 blogs that interested me.  This in turn lead me to evaluate how I've organized sites I've found in the past.  I revisited my delicious account and have been saving new sites and have tagged them for future use.  I will continue to keep an eye on the ACSI website to find out when the deadline is to sign up to be a presenter for a 2012 conference.  I also know in about March, the Upstate Technology Conference team will be asking for presenters for the June conference, and I want to make sure to sign up for that as well.
     Another one of my initial goals was to look into the e-pals program.  I am still planning on looking into this during our Christmas break this week.  I've also added, along the way, a goal to create a scope and sequence for digital citizenship for our lower school students.  I really want to focus on this for the next semester.
     I think of all the things I've learned in this course, the ISTE-NETS for teachers and students have been the most valuable.  I have been searching for something like this, to be a guide to help our school create an integrated technology plan.  I'm hoping as I gain my masters degree, my school will create a position to help me, help others integrate and use technology to its fullest in our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment